Call us: 0773 8866771
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
· The reformer is the most commonly used piece of pilates equipment. Through use of a series of pulleys, resistance springs and a moveable carriage pilates exercises can be made more or less challenging for the individual.
· These sessions also include the use of free-weights to help add a circuit training element to your workout. The 55 minute long session will simply speed by as you burn calories and build core strength. The emphasis is on light-weight and high reps to strengthen, tighten and tone your entire body.
· This is a workout that will challenge you and get quick results – your hips, legs, bum and arms will feel and look great and your flexibility enhanced.
· At Activate Pilates group sessions (maximum 7 people) or one-to-one sessions are available.
· Our essential reformer classes are a slower paced reformer pilates class.
· These are suitable for those who are totally new to reformer pilates and those who may have a few aches, or just wish to enjoy a more gentle pace
· This workout will still challenge all areas of the body working on core strength, muscle toning and flexibility.
· Our jumpboard reformer classes are a cardio based reformer class using the jumpboards.
· This class has a larger cardio element than our standard classes and will further challenge your core, and total body strength, while elevating your heart rate.
· Reformer Plus classes are a more advanced challenge using more of the intermediate and advance repertoire.
· This class is only suitable for those who have attended reformer Pilates at Activate Pilates and are comfortable doing the intermediate repertoire.
Private Pilates sessions
· We also offer private pilates sessions in our separate studio. Here sessions can be tailored to your specific requirements whether this is recovering from an injury, during pregnancy or to add variety or increase your pilates challenge.
· This session can use a range of pilates equipment including the Reformer, Split pedal chair, Arc barrel and Tower/Cadillac. Private matwork sessions are also available.
· Sessions are available throughout the week. Please contact us for more information or to book a session.
· Activate Pilates also offer traditional matwork classes. These are run by Alex.
· Alex has trained with the APPI (Australian Physiotherapy and Pilates Institute) and therefore specialises in teaching clients or have or have had pain and injuries or would like specialist attention when exercising.
· High quality mats are provided for your use and class sizes are restricted to a maximum of 4, with one-to-one sessions also available.
Sports Massage Therapy
· Sports massage is not just for sportspeople; anyone can benefit, including people in physically demanding jobs. The benefits include:
§ Relieving muscle tightness and tension and thus help prevent injuries by maintaining and improving flexibility.
§ Aiding the recovery of injuries such as tendonitis, ligament sprains and muscle strains by reducing inflammation, increasing circulation and removing waste products.
§ Can help restore normal movement and posture by stretching shortened muscles and releasing adhesions and trigger points.